Common Roofing Materials
Serving Vancouver WA and Portland OR
In the Pacific Northwest, you can find the following types of roofs:
- Composite Roofing – Affordable, low-maintenance, and widely available. Also known as asphalt shingles, these are typically blended with fiberglass or cellulose materials. This option provides you with a plethora of different color and design options to perfectly match your home.
- Metal Roofing – Incredibly durable, metal roofing has become increasingly popular in the Pacific NW, due to our consistently wet and windy weather. In some cases, a metal roof can also reduce energy costs.
- Flat Roofing – Typically used for commercial applications, most flat roofs can last up to 25 years with the proper care and maintenance. Flat roofing technology has never been better, and we’re experienced in the best and newest flat roofing methods.
- Slate Roofing – Heavy, durable, and more expensive than other roofing materials. The traditional charm is offset by the additional maintenance costs.
- Wood Roofing – Naturally efficient because of its thickness and insulation properties, wood shingle roofs can cut down on energy usage. However, steep prices and additional upkeep costs limit the popularity of this option.
- Tile Roofing – For certain angled roofs, tile or clay roofing is unmatched in its durability and insulation capabilities, but can be very expensive and difficult to maintain.
Have a Question or Need a Free Estimate?
Leave your information and we will contact you in 30 minutes or less. After hour inquiries will be followed up on the next business day.
Are Composite Shingles the Best for the Pacific Northwest?
We’ve found that composite roofing is the top choice in Vancouver and Portland – it’s available in a wide variety of styles and colors and it tends to be the most affordable choice. Additionally, composite shingles tend to last 20-30 years depending on maintenance and the quality of materials used during installation.
Legit Exteriors is proud to be an Owens Corning Certified Platinum Preferred Contractor. We offer our homeowners the best in both quality products and superior installation. All of our products and workmanship is backed by the very best warranties.