Cost of a Roof Replacement
Serving Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR
Roofs are one of the most important components of your home–they protect it from the elements afterall. While they’re built tough and designed to last, no roof will last forever. And if your roof needs to be replaced, you may be wondering how much a new one will cost.
Average Cost to Replace a Roof
The average cost to replace a roof on a home in the Portland and Vancouver metro area is on the low end around $8,000 to $15,000 on the high end for a fully installed new roof with proper flashing, advanced ventilation, a lifetime warranty, and more. While these numbers may appear high, understand that it’s for good reason. In addition to the cost of materials, there’s a lot of time and labor involved in making sure your roof is installed properly.
Ready for a New Roof?
Leave your information below and we will contact you in 30 minutes or less. After hour inquiries will be followed up on the next business day.
Cost of a New Roof
Installing a new roof on a home, costs homeowners on average about $8,000 but several factors can increase or decrease your costs including:
- The pitch of the roof: a steep roof is challenging and often requires more materials
- Size: one of the most obvious factors in a roof replacement is the amount of square footage required. Roofers price roofs by the square.
- One square=100 square feet (if your roof quote is for a 20 square roof, you have a 2,000 square foot roof).
- Your property’s layout: if a trailer cannot be parked next to the home to remove the old roofing materials, what’s called a “ground drop” will be necessary. This means we’ll have to drop your old materials to the ground on a tarp, then pick it all up, and transfer it to a trailer.
- Damage: depending on how damaged your roof is will also determine the cost. If there’s been a water leak, you may need a complete tear-off rather than a reroof. Your roof is more than just shingles, after all.
- Material availability: the demand for roofing materials is always fluctuating. As of 2021, the cost of materials has increased up 5% to10% in addition to slower delivery times.
- Quality of materials: in addition to the material availability, the quality of the materials will also impact your cost. Our team is Owens Corning Platinum Preferred, meaning we not only use their products, but we also follow their strict guidelines for installation. In fact, after we’re done an Owens Corning contractor will inspect the work and ensure the craftsmanship adheres to their specifications.
- Your location: the travel time and the distance from your home to the landfill may also be figured into your roofing costs. The more remote your home is, the more you may pay.
- The design of your roof: from skylights and chimneys to peaks and valleys, the more complex your roof is, the more time and materials needed to replace it.
- Cost to tear off the old roof: don’t forget, you’re not just paying for a new roof, you’re also paying to get your old one removed. The cost to remove an old roof can range from $1 to $5 per square foot, depending on how many layers there are and if there’s excessive damage. When getting your quote, make sure to ask if the tear-off is included in the price.
- Roof vents: most homes are equipped with box venting systems, but if you decide to upgrade to a ridge vent, your cost will increase. Ridge vents provide better ventilation, temperature control, decelerated aging, and curb appeal.
- Warranty: When you work with Legit, you’ll receive a 100% craftsmanship guarantee for the first 2 years provided by Legit Exteriors and lifetime labor and materials warrantied by Owens Corning!
While there are other considerations to also keep in mind when it comes to installing a new roof, Legit Exteriors can help you understand the decisions that will impact your final cost. We’ll inspect your roof, evaluate its lifespan and condition, and recommend whether a roof replacement or repair is right for you.
Roof Replacement Services in Vancouver WA & Portland OR
Having your roof replaced isn’t cheap, which is why it’s important to hire an experienced roofing contractor who will be honest and transparent with you. As Platinum Preferred Owens Corning roofing contractors, we proudly offer high-quality, long-lasting roofing services to homeowners in the Portland OR and Vancouver WA area. We can also offer other options to help stay within your budget. We’re licensed and insured in both Oregon and Washington. Plus, we provide the best roofing warranties possible. Learn more about our three-part roofing system and contact us today for your free roofing estimate!Back to Roofing Contractors
Cost to Replace Roof in Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Serving Customers in Oregon and Washington: